“Sparky” the Mobile Advertising Office
Purchased in 2016 (third owner) , “Sparky” has become an icon on metro Omaha roads. The 1973 Volkwagen bus acts a mobile office to visit clients and work onsite on weekdays. On weekends we let down our hair and slip into tie die for a quick mini-vacation in the recreational vehicle.
Model: Type 2 “Campmobile”
Motor: 1.7 liter, Dual carb (converted to single carb)
Overall Length: 179 inches
Width: 69.3 inches
Volkswagen Westfalia Campmobile was a conversion of Volkswagen Type 2 sold from the early 1950s through 2003. Volkswagen subcontracted the camper modifications to the company Westfalia-Werke in Rheda-Wiedenbrück.
- Pop-up fiberglass top with canvas tent
- Foldout seat arrangements for meetings (or napping)
- Birch plywood interior panels
- Laminated plywood cabinetry for storage
- Ice box
- Sink with water storage and pump
- Electrical hookups
- Screened jalousie (Venetian blind) windows
- 2 Cots (Upper loft & Youth)
- Laminated folding conference table
Restoration of the interior is in progress, with hopes to be completed by Sparky’s 45th birthday in 2018. Exterior restoration begins in 2018 and anticipated to be complete in 2019.